If you run a restaurant, customers are your priority. Providing them with good food, a proper healthy environment and well-maintained hygiene are the three most important areas you should look after. If customers are dissatisfied with your service, they can lodge a complaint against you. Cleanliness and hygiene are so important and a complaint can put you up for a health code violation. This is the reason why many restaurant owners opt for a monthly cleaning service to maintain the upkeep.
It is imperative to meet health regulations as a restaurant owner and many establishments fail to meet them. The major reason behind this is cleaning. According to professionals, if a restaurant maintains a daily cleaning schedule, it becomes easier for it to avoid any associated mess.
A daily cleaning schedule may include:
- Wiping down the floors, windows, walls, countertops and the electronic appliances. Electronic appliances are the perfect place for dust accumulation as well as oil and food spills.
- Cleaning the beverage dispenser and bottle openers. Also include the rags, aprons, uniforms and towels.
- Washing the crockeries and utensils.
- Changing the paper towel rolls and soap dispenser.
- Removing the wastes and recyclable materials from the kitchen.
- Disinfecting the entire area.
Apart from the daily cleaning process, you can also call a professional team for a weekly cleaning service. The weekly cleaning service, includes the sections or parts that are generally not cleaned every day. Like the ovens, floor drains, mats, faucets and sinks, freezer and refrigerator, vent hoods, refrigerator coil, walls and deep cleaning including disinfecting.
No matter whether you are opting for a monthly cleaning service, weekly or daily, you need to maintain personal hygiene as well. You should ask the food handlers to wash their hands and use clean equipment. Pay attention to the below tasks to make it easier for your customers and workers at your restaurant.
- The dishwasher is at the right temperature.
- The handwashing sink is within reach.
- Cleaned utensils are dried, not wiped.
- The cleaning chemicals are kept away from food storage.
Following all of these steps will make you compliant with health codes which are required to run a restaurant. Enriching your cleaning habits will be good for you, the customers and your restaurant’s