It’s time to move out of your rented property. It’s time to hand over the keys and get back your security deposit. In the meantime, while juggling all the hustle bustle of moving, you need to make the rental property spick and span. Here are some general cleaning tips from cleaning services in OKC and Edmond, OK, that you should put on your checklist.
General Cleaning Tips
- Clean the home from ceiling to floor, not excluding windows and doors.
- Take good care of glass panels, carpets, rugs and curtains.
- Keep all cleaning materials handy and in the same place. This will help you clean each area faster.
- Always make sure to dust first with a dry cloth or sweep using any other material. Later, you should clean using a mop or damp cloth, or you can use other cleaning solutions.
- Fumigate the room properly if there were pets with you.
Exterior Cleaning Tips
- Clean the exterior completely, including the terrace, porch, BBQ area and chairs.
- You should mow down the lawn, clean the patio or deck and tidy the garden.
- Remove cobwebs from the eaves, wall and ceiling. Remove the false ceiling and dust every nook and cranny of the room.
- Examine all the light fixtures, clean them if they are dirty and replace them if not in working order.
Interior Cleaning Tips
- Empty all the cupboards, wardrobes, shelves and all other storage spaces. Using a disinfectant, clean them well.
- For a complete cleaning process, do not ignore frames and molding.
- Use commercial glass cleaners for windows, glass ceilings and even for the mirrors.
- Wash out air conditioner vents and clean the blades of ceiling fans.
How to Clean the Kitchen
- Professional cleaning services in OKC recommend starting with the oven. From the hood to the control panel, everything must be cleaned. You can mix three tablespoons of baking soda with water and use this paste on the oven surfaces to get rid of grease and grime.
- You must check whether the kitchen lights are functioning.
- Clean other kitchen appliances, including the microwave, dishwasher, etc.
- Remove all food from the refrigerator and wipe it out.
- Make sure the drainage system in the kitchen is working fine. Remove food scraps from the sink drain. You can use mineral oils and a soft sponge to remove grease.
How to Clean the Bathroom
Expert cleaning services in Edmond, OK, suggest giving priority to the bathroom and recommend disinfecting the area completely.
- Use a mild but effective cleaner for the toilet, sink and bathtub.
- Ensure all mold and soap scum has been removed. Make sure to use a bleach-free cleaner to remove any stains.
- Do not overlook yellow or green stains that accumulate due to regular water splashing.